Thursday, October 22, 2015

Published 6:16 PM by with 6 comments

'Divorce of the Century'

Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev and his ex-wife Elena on Tuesday announced they had reached a deal to settle their divorce, which had been dubbed the costliest break-up of all time.

In May, 2014, a Swiss court awarded Elena Rybolovlev over four billion Swiss francs ($4.2 billion, 3.6 billion euros) -- the equivalent of half his fortune, in their divorce, which at the time was dubbed the divorce of the century.



On Tuesday the pair said in a joint statement that they had "reached an agreement on the terms of the divorce" in a move they said "puts an end to all legal procedures launched in different jurisdictions.".

The statement did not specify the amount agreed upon.

The agreement came after a Geneva appeals court in June overturned the 2014 ruling, downgrading the payment required from the owner of French football club AS Monaco to 564 million Swiss francs, along with two real estate holdings.

One of the contentious points was Rybolovlev's worth, as he had transferred shares in 2005 to a trust and then sold them three years later at a huge profit.

His ex-wife's lawyers argued that the appeals court calculated his net worth on the basis of the 2005 figures and not the 2008 ones.

They appealed the June ruling to the country's highest court, but following the agreement announced on Tuesday, the court will no longer be called upon to rule in the case.

The couple married in Cyprus and were together for 23 years, but have been battling over the terms of their divorce since 2008.

Dmitry Rybolovlev has recently made headlines over his conflict with a Swiss art dealer, Yves Bouvier.

The Russian tycoon, a big collector of art, has accused Bouvier of selling him works by the likes of Picasso, Modigliani, Degas and Gauguin at hugely inflated prices.
      edit

6 comments:

  1. I was in deep pains when my wife dumped me for another man after 10years of marriage, but now am very greatful to God almighty for using priest omigodo to restore my marriage back in just 24hours. i will advice any one who has any problem to contact priest omigodo for urgent help on +2348079367204 or email him on : (omigodoshrine@hotmail.co.uk) his is really gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is casandra and I live in germany, My life is back again... After 3
    years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with kids .I felt like my life was about to end and I almost committed suicide, I was emotionally down for a very long time.Thanks to a spell caster called dr. ovia, his email address: droviaspiritualtemple@gmail.com which I meet online, On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet and I came across a lot of testimonies about this particular spell caster.Some people testified that he brought their Ex boyfriend back, some testified that he restores Womb,Cure Cancer and Herpes Virus and HIV Cure other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. I also come across one particular testimony and it was about a woman called nancy,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr. ovia mail address: droviaspiritualtemple@gmail.com After reading all these,I decided to give it a try and I contacted him through his via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48 hours, my husband came back to me, and we solved our issues, we are even happier than before Dr. ovia is really a gifted man and I will not stop testifying him because he is a wonderful man and so
    powerful, If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems. contact him on this
    email:droviaspiritualtemple@gmail.com or phone call +2348135858735,

    ReplyDelete
  3. realy good thinking

    ReplyDelete
  4. realy good thinking

    ReplyDelete
  5. realy good thinking

    ReplyDelete