Here, we bring some facts about hydrogen bomb that will tell you why these explosive devices are threat for entire human race.
1. Hydrogen bomb is also called 'thermonuclear weapon' or H-bomb.
2. Extremely high temperatures are required in order to explore fusion reactions. This is the reason why hydrogen bomb is also known as a thermonuclear bomb.
3. A thermonuclear weapon is a nuclear weapon. Nuclear fission reaction generates huge explosive power during the explosion.
4. Unlike other nuclear bombs, hydrogen bombs are described as cleaner because it does not produce radioactive waste.
5. Hydrogen bomb uses the energy from a primary nuclear fission reaction to compress and ignite a secondary nuclear fusion reaction.
6. The explosion of hydrogen bomb creates a fireball that is brighter than 500 suns.
7. The explosion of H-bomb glows with colours like deep purple, orange and pink.
8. The modern design of all thermonuclear weapons in US is known as the Teller-Ulam configuration for its two chief contributors--Edward Teller and Stanislaw Ulam.
9. The explosion of hydrogen bombs is so powerful that it jolts regions where the bomb is tested. Today, people of North Korea experienced tremors measuring 5.1 at Richter Scale when the bomb was tested.
10. With the successful test of hydrogen bomb, North Korea entered in the hydrogen power group. USA, Russia, Britain, France, and China are other members of the group.